What exactly is Audiology

Audiology is the study of hearing, balance and related physiological parts of the body. Doctors of audiology are commonly referred to as an audiologist.

Why Choose an Audiology for my Hearing Aids?

You can see either a Hearing Instrument Specialist (HIS) or an Audiologist for a hearing aid. A Hearing Instrument Specialist may do a fine job of selling, fitting and servicing your hearing aids. However, an audiologist must have a Master’s Degree in Audiology and have had clinical studies. This ensures that an audiologist is trained to not just sell you a hearing aid, but to review all symptoms of your hearing loss. Because of their greater understanding of the auditory and vestibular system they may be able to recognize warning signs of other conditions related to or causing your hearing loss.

Our own Dr. Nancy Datino has a Doctorate in Audiology, far exceeding the requirements to be an audiologist. Her passion for audiology and speech-language pathology and over 30 years of experience is hard to match.