Our Commitment To Data Privacy
The data controller of www.audiology-speech.com is Audiology. Where a registration or consent form is presented on our Web Sites or in your use of any of our Applications, the data controller may vary and may be an affiliate or subsidiary of Audiology (collectively ‘Audiology’) depending on the actual offering or the purpose of the data collection but it is in any case displayed on the applicable registration or consent form. For inquiries you may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Why Do I Need To Provide My Personal Data?
We do not collect your Personal Data through our Web Sites and Applications unless you voluntarily allow us to do so (e.g. by way of registrations, surveys), provide us with your consent or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your Personal Data.
What Is My Personal Data Used For?
Duration Of Processing Of Personal Data
Where Will My Personal Data Be Processed?
What Are My Rights?
In General. You can at any time request from us information about which of your Personal Data we are processing as well as the correction or deletion of such Personal Data. Please note, however, that we can delete your Personal Data only if there is no statutory obligation or prevailing right for us to retain it. Kindly note that if you request us to delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to continue to use the applicable Web Sites, Applications or any related Audiology services that require Audiology’ use of your Personal Data.
Request a copy. If we use your Personal Data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you, you may request from us for a copy of your Personal Data that you have provided. In this case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the Personal Data and the format in which you would like to receive the Personal Data.
Right to be forgotten / Restriction of use. You may request us to restrict any processing of your Personal Data in any of the following events: (i) you inform us that the Personal Data that we have of you is incorrect, (in such cases we may continue to retain such of your Personal Data to check its accuracy), (ii) that we have no legal basis to process your Personal Data, or (iii) you object to our processing of your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest as set out in Section L below.
Further Restrictions And Specific Provisions
Use of this website by children. This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 years. If you are younger than 16, you may not register with or use this website.
Links to other websites. This website may contain links to foreign (meaning non-Audiology companies) websites. Audiology is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites outside Audiology. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements of such foreign sites.
Use Of Technical Measures. e.g. Cookies Etc.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web Sites or use our Applications, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non- personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web Sites from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use such data and share it with its affiliates and subsidiaries to improve the performance, content or appearance of the Web Sites and Applications.
“Cookies” – Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
You can block the collection or processing of data generated by the cookie related to your visit to our Web Sites by Adobe, by stating your intention to opt-out via the following link: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, we use technical and organizational security measures.
Purpose Of Use
In the following cases, we are permitted to process your Personal Data under the applicable data protection laws.
- b) Communication. We communicate on a regular basis by email with users who use our goods or related services, and we may also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We may use your email address to confirm your opening of an account, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our goods and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, which are not marketing-related but merely required for the relevant business relationship.
- c) Compliance. Furthermore, you acknowledge that any information required to track your choices regarding the processing or use of your Personal Data or receipt of marketing materials may be stored and exchanged between members of Audiology to ensure compliance.
- d) Audiology’ legitimate interest. Each of the use cases in sub-paragraphs e) to g) below constitutes our legitimate interest to process or use your Personal Data. If you do not agree with this approach, you may object against our processing or use of your Personal Data as set out below.
- e) Questionnaires and surveys. We may invite you to participate in questionnaires and surveys. These questionnaires and surveys will be generally designed in a way that they can be answered without any Personal Data. If you nonetheless enter Personal Data in a questionnaire or survey, we may use such Personal Data to improve Audiology goods and services.
- f) Creation of anonymized data sets. We may anonymize Personal Data provided under this Privacy Statement to create anonymized data sets, which will then be used to improve Audiology goods and services.
- g) Recording of calls and chats for quality improvement purposes. In case of telephone calls or chat sessions, we may record such calls (after informing you accordingly during that call and before the recording starts) or chat sessions to improve the quality of our services.
- h) Right to object. You may object to our using Personal Data for the above purposes at any time. If you do so, we will cease using your Personal Data for the above purposes and remove it from its systems unless we are permitted to use such Personal Data for another purpose set out in this Privacy Statement or we determine and demonstrate a compelling legitimate interest to continue processing your Personal Data (in cases where this is required by mandatory local laws, e.g. for tax purposes etc.).
In the following cases we will only use your Personal Data as further detailed below after you have granted your prior consent.
- a) News about Audiology’ Products and Services. We may use your name, email and postal address, telephone number, and basic information about your employer (name and address) to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements and other information about Audiology’ goods and services (including marketing-related newsletters) as well as events of Audiology and to display relevant content on our Web Sites.
- b) Forwarding your Personal Data to other Audiology companies. We may transfer your Personal Data to other entities within Audiology. In such cases, these entities will use your Personal Data for the same purposes and under the same conditions as outlined above.
Questions And Comments
We will respond to reasonable requests to review your personal data and to correct, amend or delete any inaccuracies. Please contact us at email@example.com for such requests.
If you have a complaint about how your personal information is handled by us, you may contact the person, department or office that you have been dealing with. You can alternatively contact our Data Privacy Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org and the responsible data privacy personnel shall contact you within a reasonable timeframe.